Thursday, September 17, 2009

Get Inspired at Half Price Books

Sometimes when I want to get inspired, I go to Half Price Books. I never know what I'm come out of there with. This week I went and totally bought random dvds. I even picked up a dvd collection of some old time classic cartoons. Mighty Mouse, Woody the Wood Pecker, and Betty Boop are some I can't wait to watch. About 70 cartoons for a dollar, woo woo! Gosh I feel like a kid. I have never bought dvds until this past year. I guess I know what I like to watch and these days I just miss those classics. I also recently bought Gladiator. I can watch that one and still get sucked to the storyline.

The only book I bought was totally random. I was looking for any interesting technical book on SQL reporting services. I found nothing I didn't already know from my best friend Google but noticed this totally random book called, "No One Cares What You Had for Lunch, 100 Ideas for Your Blog" by Margaret Mason. I had started this blog and I didn't know what to write about so I wrote about what came to mind. My worst fear in school has been writing. I love to write but in general I have always have had conflicts with communication. With a quick skim of the book and at 5 bucks, I was sold. It wouldn't hurt to explore my passion for writing. Tackle my fear of judgment at the same time. With guidance, I feel I can learn more myself by challenging myself to think. I figure, living life though my passions of enjoying life and exploring my interests will help me in my quest of self exploration.

No comments:

Post a Comment