Saturday, November 28, 2009

Gobble Gobble Day


This year has been big for me. A new place, a new true love, and a new hope. I am so thankful this year for everything I have, for the people around me and my health. I even have a job that I am truly thankful for.

Because of the new space I was finally able to host the family Thanksgiving this year. To be honest, I totally forgot about my camera so I was not able to show you the feast. I made home made bruschetta using basil from my herb garden, meatballs with homemade bbq grape sauce, real cheesy mac, stuffed mushrooms, fresh cranberries sauce, garlic mashed potatoes, and last sauteed green beans with onions, mushrooms, and potatoes. My brother would only come if my mom made the turkey. She makes awesome turkey =) so I would never object to it. My mom also made the rice, and Bacalao( for my dad who doesn't eat turkey). Most everyone had never had Bacalao but loved it. Lynn's mom, Teresa made the best home made rolls I have ever had, and the yummiest corn bread stuffing ever. Shelly made this mouth watering short bread tart mmm. I'll ask here for the recipe later. My cousin Tania made her usual PavĂȘ. Mmmm its never the same but its always good. Christy brought ham and a sweet potato marshmallow casserole. I've never had sweet potatoes with marshmallows, it was a total surprise that I liked it. It is totally an American thing. I totally like that mix. I will have to try to make it. Neumo came too!! He's moving back to Brazil. I'm going to miss him but I'll have to visit =). Lynn will like that. On the beach, drinking out of a coconut without a care in the world. Dani came in from A-school. We are so proud of her. No one really saw any of the kids. They were all having fun, being kids. I think Thanksgiving at my house was a total success. Both families together, being together and eating yummy homemade food.

No comments:

Post a Comment