Sunday, April 4, 2010

If I don't, minha mae pede pra mim.

So I have been working on the same Report for a week. Trying to figure out why my simple changes just like another report doesn't work. The Reports looked exactly the same( SQL, parameter values and so on). Frustrated at my parents house for Easter my mother asks, What's wrong Pri? I respond with along the lines that I am so over this because I couldn't figure out what was wrong. It should be so simple! My mother, with no technology education, nor experience tells me. Stop and pray to God, in the name of Jesus, pray. Then she stopped and asked for help from God for me.

Was it that simple? I don't even pray right then but it did put a smile on my face especially after my mother told me she loved me. I look back at my work and I guess just having stress getting lighter and clearing of my head, I figured it out. Did I just make excuses to rationalize what had just happened? I think there is a truth to all this. I believe in god but I think what I really believe is behind the madness there is a reason faith works. It's how our mind works. We need mental notes of how to organize our thoughts. Simple commands so we can clear our mind. I grew up with faith as my culture and not as my religion necessary. I should turn to God more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment